Technical Support Engineer - Java (United States / Full Time - Remote)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with reading and writing Java code.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience developing Java applications.
- Experience with supporting large complex systems.
- Experience working remotely or with a remote team.
The Camunda Support team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer in US. We believe that best time to solve a customer issue is before it happens by working to identify the root problem and use your first hand experience to work with a team of engineers. You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, troubleshooting, updating documentation, and when needed, coding. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation.
When things go wrong, the buck stops with you: Our Technical Support Engineers step in and own our largest and most important customer issues. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly automate their business processes. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
Our Support team is driven by customer obsession: you will help drive the success of our customers by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues. Our support cases are highly technical and challenging. Our core product is made by developers for developers and is helping a growing number of organisations around the world to visualize and automate their mission-critical business processes.
Remote within the US or in one of our offices in San Francisco and Denver.
- Ensure customer issues are resolved within our committed service level agreements.
- Maintain strong relationships with our customers for the delivery of support.
- Write unit and regression tests, debug Java code.
- Own the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on all Camunda Stack products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Camunda's products by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, so we can identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the product.
- Proactively understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross functional teams like Product Management, Software Engineering or Consulting.
Camunda is an open source platform for workflow and decision automation that brings business users and software developers together. With our various open source products, we are reinventing workflow automation for customers around the world. While many business process model and notation (BPMN) tools are low-code environments, Camunda is a lightweight framework that can be directly integrated into developers’ existing technology stacks, including Java, the Spring Framework, Node JS, .Net and C#. Hundreds of companies including Bloomberg, NASA, Allianz, Universal, and Goldman Sachs rely on Camunda to automate their core business processes.
Camunda was founded in 2008 by Jakob Freund, CEO, and Bernd Rücker as a workflow consulting business and has since pivoted to a full software-as-a-service model. The company was bootstrapped to profitability and, in 2018, took a strategic investment of €25 million from Highland Europe to fuel growth. Camunda is headquartered in Berlin, Germany with offices in San Francisco and Denver, USA. We’re a fast-growing tech startup with plenty of opportunities for your own ideas, tangible results, and personal growth. You’ll be working with a diverse team of wonderful colleagues from all over the world, collaborating in a friendly and agile environment.
What we have to offer:
- The benefits of a start-up environment paired with the stability of a profitable business
- Choice to either work remotely or from one of our US offices
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days of Holidays
- Full medical coverage on a Paid Provider Organization model
- Standard dental and vision benefits
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
Camunda is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Did we pique your interest, apply now and learn more. For complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.
Job code: # LI-NC1